This year young children will again have their own dedicated race: young children of up to 12 years of age will be able to race on an approx. 4 km track (1 lap) designed especially for them in the beautiful setting of Urlaţi’s Bellu Gardens; older children (13-18 years) will be allowed to race on the standard 18 km course.Categories on the 4km course (1 lap):
- 7-8 years (M/F)
- 9-10 years (M/F)
- 11-12 years (M/F)
- 13-14 years (M/F)
- 15-18 years (M/F)
Fee: 50 RON anytime is made the payment.Children can only take part in a race with the written permission of their parents/guardians. Registrations must be made by 12pm, Thursday, 11th May.
Maratonul Vinului, beside the two competitive courses, also includes a section specially designed for families. This event consists of a non-competitive cycling route for parents and children or anyone else who wants to enjoy a relaxing bike ride through the enchanting surroundings of the town of Urlați.
This event is not a competition, there will be no time-keeping and there is no participation fee.
The course has a length of about 10 km and will be mostly over paved roads, but also with some gravel and earth, and with little or no traffic. There will be a few gentle climbs and descents.Course Map Participants in this event will be led by one of our guides, who will cycle ahead of the pack. Other members of our team will be at the rear of the pack to make sure nobody is left behind. Halfway along the route there will be a stop where participants can enjoy something sweet, something salty and something healthy! For the younger participants there will be ice cream.
Rules of participation:
- The event is open to adults and children
- Children of any age can participate, although those under 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Unaccompanied children of over 12 years of age must have the written consent of a parent or guardian (consent forms can be completed on the morning of the event)
- Participation is at your own risk and requires completion of a corresponding release form (to be found at Family desk) on the morning of the event
To register for this event please send an email to email@example.com with the following information for each participant in your family/group:
- Name and Surname
- City/town of residence
- Do not overtake the leader of the group
- Do not remain behind the guide at the back of the group
- Respect all indications issued by the organisers or the police on the course
- wear a protective cycling helmet
- take a full water bottle
- wear sunglass for protection against insects and dust
- put some sunscreen on